Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Precious moments with family in Ohio!

I have been so blessed to come to the States for my spring break this year. It had been over a year since I came back to America! Luis suggested earlier this year that I come, and at that time I had no desire to come without him! But he was so sweet about it and I am so glad that I did because the last few weeks have been such a blessing to me. This was the first time that Cate and I were home alone and we really bonded like we never have before. We stayed up late every night talking and we spent time together making soap, decorating journals and shopping.Both of us were so surprised to discover how much we are alike! I have also been able to enjoy wonderful time with my parents - painting with my mom and watching movies with my dad. Cate and I also spent the night at my grandparents house one night. On Friday we traveled down to GA and spent the weekend with Josh and Natalie and seeing old friends from when I lived there.We also stopped at Hailey's college on the way to have dinner with her. What a joy to get a glimpse of what life is like for her in college. On Monday we came back to Ohio and brought Natalie and the babies back with us. We have been so busy that the time has flown by for me and although I have missed Luis so very much, it's been a good time to grow closer to him and long to be with him because of the long distance. I fly back to Guatemala on Saturday and Sharon and Marvin will be traveling to be with us over Easter and her birthday that same day. I am so grateful to be able to see all of my family this spring break! Below are some of my favorite pictures that I've taken from the trip.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your impressions of this post? Share your comments or questions here!