Friday, May 9, 2014

Sweet Cousin Time & Thoughts on Mothering

Ellie & I are enjoying a week in GA with Natalie and cousins! The cousins have been so sweet to Ellie and they love to hold her! I have been impressed with Nadia's confidence in holding a baby. She  definitely has a motherly instinct! Peter is also very sweet to Ellie and loves to show her affection. And Karalynn asks frequently to hold her, but it's hilarious - her holds only last 2 seconds and then she's done! She loves to shower Ellie and Lizbeth with kisses and hugs! Lizbeth & Ellie have had some cute photo shoots together - they've smiled together, napped together and even cried together!  I have been grateful for this time to learn from Natalie as a mother. I admire her mothering so much! She is consistent in training, instructing and discipling her children with Scripture. I admire how she speaks to them in a loving (and firm when necessary) tone of voice, and focuses on shaping their hearts to love and obey, rather than focusing on behaviors. She & Josh are great parents! I am making a list of all of her resources, and asking myself why I didn't read these books before Ellie was born? Haha! But it's not too late! I have a lot to read and a lot to learn, but thankful for the exemplary mothers that have paved the way for me....






1 comment:

  1. What sweet pictures! Yes, Nadia definitely has a sweet way with babies and is very confident with them. :) And Peter and Karalynn also seem to love their new baby cousin! What fun! I'm so glad you got to visit Josh and Natalie for a week. I'm always blown away by what wonderful parents they are. I'm so glad those books/tools are available (now) and are getting into the hands of loving and caring parents such as yourselves. You're going to do wonderfully, if for no other reason, because you love and submit to God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, your Helper. :) Love you and can't wait to meet Ellie!

    ReplyDelete

What are your impressions of this post? Share your comments or questions here!