Friday, September 2, 2016

Homemade Toiletries

I have greatly enjoyed collecting DIY recipes on Pinterest for lotions, chapsticks, sunscreen, makeup remover, baby creams and so much more! Below are some my favorite recipes I've tried along with the links. The sugar scrub was a recipe I got from my sister, Sharon. She made some for me and I use it so fast that I have made it 3 times already this summer! It has 1 cup cane sugar, 1/2 cup coconut oil, Vit E, and 15 drops Lavender. I have tried several different homemade sugar scrubs, but this is by far my favorite. It smells so nice and the proportions are just right for softening and exfoliating.

I could not find the link the makeup remover spray! But I think it just has 1 tsp Dr. Bronner's castile soap, 1 Tbsp Fractionated Coconut oil, a few drops of Tea Tree and water. It works very well to remove all my eye makeup without scrubbing, but I do have to be careful not to get it in my eye or will sting a little! (Most likely from the Tea Tree). The Tallow Diaper Cream is a recipe I googled (not sure where the link is!) 

My top favorite DIY toiletries are the chapstick and the Belly Butter! The Belly Butter is amazing and smells so good! I pretty much followed the recipe but also added tallow. So far I have not gotten a single stretch mark on my belly and my belly is huge. This is a 32 oz jar so I had to quadruple the recipe. 
Belly Butter


Best Sugar Scrub 

Makeup Remover

Itch Relief Cream


Best Organic Chapstick Recipe


Acne Spot Stick


No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your impressions of this post? Share your comments or questions here!