Monday, May 3, 2010

Nights and Mornings

After the missionary conference and our break from classes last week, I have been forcing myself to get disciplined. Well, today I forced myself...and I plan to continue until it becomes a habit again and not something forced.

I am naturally very much of a morning person and I have always loved getting up early and exercising and then meeting with the Lord in the quiet hours before I start my day. Before we were married Luis was very much a morning person too and then something happened. I'm not sure what. I've been rather confused because I always thought we would get up early together. But no. Luis stays up until past midnight on many nights and he becomes VERY MUCH ALIVE WHEN I'M TRYING TO SLEEP. How did this happen? I remember countless conversations before we were married about how good it was that we were both morning people. Ha! Well I'm not complaining and I'm not blaming him either for my lack of discipline in the mornings. All I'm saying is that I'm working hard to get back into my old routine (with his support, of course) 

This morning was a great start to my week! I got up before six AM and exercised with some ladies and then came back, took a shower, had my quiet time with the Lord and went to the library to knock off some homework. When I got back at 9:30AM Luis was still happily sleeping. :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Haha - this is so funny! Josh and I are NOT morning people and definitely not a help to each other. Nadia Cate and Peter help us a lot, though! No more sleeping in for us!

    ReplyDelete

What are your impressions of this post? Share your comments or questions here!