Friday, July 15, 2016

A Day at the Lake

We're loving our sweet family times together this week! Luis has been wanting to take us to Lake Milton for awhile now, and today we finally made it happen. Ellie absolutely LOVED the sand (she hadn't been to a beach since she was 10 months old in Honduras). At first she just hung out at the edge but slowly got braver to go in the water. After an hour or so she started saying, "Look at me, mommy! I'm a fish! Look at me! I'm swua-mming! I'm a whale!" 

My heart was rejoicing to be in such a peaceful place enjoying God's creation and my soul felt at rest! Sometimes it's just so good to get away and reflect on God's goodness, enjoying one another's company without thinking about anything else. :-) 



























No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your impressions of this post? Share your comments or questions here!