- sautee onion and garlic in some olive oil and then add saffron and tumeric
- add mushrooms
- pour in 1 cup water, 2 cups of beef broth, and 1 can diced tomatoes; add diagonal carrots
- then add shredded chicken (I found a bag of frozen shredded chicken, always good to have on hand)
- add cut up squash and zucchini and about a half cup of golden raisins
- season with the following: dash of cinnamon, dash of nutmeg, chipotle peppers in adobe sauce (a very small amount), dash of cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste
Served with whole wheat bread from Amish country.