Friday, July 27, 2012

Inspired by Moroccan Stew

My sister and I made a Moroccan meatball stew for father's day and I don't think I've ever been more proud of a meal. The mouth-watering, unique flavors left me craving that taste again. So a few days later, I was in a pinch to get dinner going, and with no thought beforehand I started pulling out what we had in the fridge and soon found myself re-creating the Moroccan stew, with my own twist of course. As best as I can recall, this is what I did:

- sautee onion and garlic in some olive oil and then add saffron and tumeric
- add mushrooms
- pour in 1 cup water, 2 cups of beef broth, and 1 can diced tomatoes; add diagonal carrots
- then add shredded chicken (I found a bag of frozen shredded chicken, always good to have on hand)
- add cut up squash and zucchini and about a half cup of golden raisins
- season with the following: dash of cinnamon, dash of nutmeg, chipotle peppers in adobe sauce (a very small amount), dash of cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste

Served with whole wheat bread from Amish country.









No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your impressions of this post? Share your comments or questions here!